Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Proposition 8

It is Election Day and in our house we had a discussion about California's proposition 8 in our house last night. It was a heated discussion with a lot of opinions. I listened and said my 2 cents worth. I came to the conclusion that if I were in California that it would be a law of obedience or a law of free agency. Should I do as the prophet suggests or should I allow the free agency of individuals to choose to marry of the same sex. I started to think about the polygamist and their plight, I thought about when human beings only have their beloved pets will they be allowed to marry, will there be age consents. I thought about obeying the laws of the land and what might manifest because of legalizing one rule and demanding another. The prophet does not speak only for the people of the day that are listening it is an eternal conversation that should be listened to wisely

No comments: